Able Mind & Body Homecare
Pennsylvania has joined 29 other states (and growing) that have received confirmed cases of
individuals testing positive for the novel coronavirus.
The health and safety of clients, staff and employees is a top priority for Able Mind and Body
Home Care. As such, the agency is issuing the following advisory to clients, staff and other
employees to combat the spread of coronavirus:
• Stay home from work if you are sick. If you are feeling unwell, please do not report to work.
Instead please contact your supervisor to ensure your shift is covered. If you have a household
member who is sick, please also report this to your supervisor.
• Be vigilant if the client or a client household member is sick. Be sure to do frequent welfare
checks with the client. Ask your client how or she is feeling or if anyone in his/her household is
unwell. If you notice symptoms of illness in your client, please contact your supervisor
• Practice good hygiene & avoid touching your face. Wash your hands frequently, and assist
the client in doing so where possible. Hands should be washed with soap for at least 20
seconds. Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose and mouth. Avoid shaking
• Lend an extra hand at home. Employees should assist clients with additional cleaning
measures within their homes by assisting with the cleaning and or disinfecting of surfaces.
• Cover your coughs & sneezes. Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or with a tissue.
Discard used tissues immediately in the trash.
• Handle food carefully. Avoid sharing food and please use strict hygiene in the preparation of
• Avoid large gatherings & crowds. Where possible, avoid large gatherings and crowds. Keep
some distance between yourself and other individuals and stay in well ventilated areas where
For more information on COVID-19 and the novel coronavirus, please visit the following sites:
Pennsylvania Department of Health:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/